Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS
Perhaps the most revered vintage D-28s are the ones created in 1937 with forward-shifted hand-scalloped X-bracing, an Adirondack spruce top, and a 1 3/4" neck width. This model is an updated version made with Guatemalan rosewood back and sides, and it includes some subtle spec refinements to make it even more faithful to the original. One of the major updates is a more accurate body profile based on dreadnoughts from the 1930s and 40s. Martin’s VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) is employed to age the top and braces, which captures the tone from the 1930s era. Martin’s craftspeople can recreate the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar and reproduce the particular tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted "X" Scalloped
- Top Braces: 5/16" Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Inlay: Bold Herringbone
- Back and Side Material: Guatemalan Rosewood
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937
- Nut and Saddle Material: Bone
- Fingerboard and Bridge Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Diamond & Squares Long Pattern
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Neck: Gloss
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge and End Pins: Faux Ivory
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell