Gibson J-185 Original Vintage Sunburst
The J-185 is believed by many to be one of Gibson's best acoustic instruments, yet it seems to be fairly obscure, much to the delight of devoted Gibson lovers. Originally released in the early 1950s and designed to be slight smaller than its larger companion, the SJ-200, the J-185 still offers superior performance and tone. The J-185 Original maintains unsurpassed balance of lows, mids, and highs, with equal response to every note on the fretboard. Acclaimed by many as the perfect body size and shape for any player.
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Jumbo
- Color:Vintage Sunburst
- Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Flamed Maple
- Body Bracing:Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding:Multi-ply top/back
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Slim Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-Pearl Parallelograms
- Number of Frets:20, Standard
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Tuning Machines:Gotoh Keystone
- Bridge Material:Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.72"
- Electronics:LR Baggs VTC Under Saddle Pickup